Make Summer Matter
Looking for a new kind of fun this summer? Consider a B2B Summer Learning Academies experience!
Some kids are going to build rockets, create robots, and explore the earth through science. Some will produce art, go on outdoor adventures, and learn new dances. Some high schoolers will have a chance to earn while they learn, AND prepare for success in college. And it could be you!
How to apply?
- Check to see if your address is in the Hope Zone. Students from all over Grand Rapids are welcome to apply. However, priority enrollment is given to students residing in the Hope Zone.
- Click the button above for the age group you are interested in.
- Review the programs that are available for that age group.
- When you’ve selected your program of interest, click the “Apply Now” button to apply online right away! You may also download an application and submit it to the program directly. Program providers will follow-up with families within 3 weeks of receiving the application.
WHY SUMMER LEARNING?
You have mad potential! You were born with it. So how can you develop that potential, and become an achiever? Believe in yourself. Believing in your power to make positive choices for your life. Expect a lot of yourself. Set big goals, and work hard to achieve them. Seize every good opportunity that comes your way. And participation in Summer Learning Academies is one of those good opportunities! Apply today!
Summer Learning Academies are based on the research and evidence of National Summer Learning Association, including:
- high-quality summer learning programs improve reading and math skills, school attachment, motivation and relationships with adults and peers
- summer learning can be cost-effective and targeted to support the young people who need it the most
- educational technology can provide online books and track reading gains during the summer.